Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Who Wants to Paaarrrrttttyyyy??


{janebosi
Oh my gosh, you guys!!!  I'm so STOKED!!  Today is the start of Sweet 'N Sassy's BIRTHDAY MONTH!!  It's not just any birthday either.....we are celebrating 10 years of stampy goodness with surprises, prizes and goodness befitting a milestone birthday!  I cannot wait for the fun to begin (clearly!).

Naturally, I'm sharing a birthday card today.  Also, an exciting event for me recently--celebrating one of my most favorite people--my son, who turned 19 on Saturday! No more cutesy cards for my man/child.  I've had to completely readjust my style for this kid!  Sweet 'N Sassy's new So Happy (JUST wait...more on that in a minute!) makes it easy!

One dilemma I think that faces many stampers is making masculine cards.  I generally find masculine cards are driven more by the colors than any other specific design element.  While floral stamp sets are prevalent (we can never have enough), how many "guy" image sets do you actually own?  Thus, color.


I started using a long retired, but favorite element set, SNSS's Borders and Backgrounds.  With one of the five images, I created a resist image.  Using a nonstick sheet, I created a color palette directly on the surface using a variety of distress inks.  The sentiment comes from the So Happy set--a free with purchase set this month only!  Be sure to check out the website for details and follow along on Facebook and IG!  You are NOT going to want to miss this!  Be sure to visit here also for tons of information and inspiration!

Let's party!  Be Awesome, Jane

No comments: