Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Christmas Wreath

Hi Everybody,

Regina here and today I'm using a stamp set called Christmas Wreath.  This is the first Christmas card I've made this year!  I promised myself I would start in July and make a few each month and that did not happen.






The card stock I am using is from Gina K Designs called Cherry Red, Black Onyx, and Layering White.  I am really liking the brighter green and red together this year so I stamped the wreath with Colorbox Ink in Jalopeno.  I stamped the berries with Gina K Designs Cherry Red and it covered beautifully.

I got married this past April so I thought it would be nice to make cards using stamps such as 'from us' or 'from the family'.  I used a stamp set called Christmas Wishes.  I really like the fonts in this set. I stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and embossed with Zing Clear Detail Fine Embossing Powder to give some dimension and shine.  I love how crisp and black Versafine ink looks.

I cut the letter 'B' out with the Silhouette machine.  I have been wanting to get a wooden letter B to go on the front door ever since I got married in April. Monograms are very popular where I live in Mississippi so I liked the idea of using the Letter 'B' on the card making it more personal since the card is 'from our family' and we're newly married this year.   The bow was also cut out with the Silhouette, folded and glued together.  I brushed Wink of Stella in Clear over the bow and put some Glossy Accents in the center.

To finish it off I used some red and silver metallic twine from my stash. Glossy Accents were used on the berries and the letter 'B' to give lots of shine and dimension.  

HERE IS A LINK to the Sweet 'N Sassy online store for more Christmas stamps, dies, etc.

I hope I inspired you to make some Christmas cards, especially ones that are personal and unique for your family.  

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!



Regina

No comments: